Your only competition is the person staring back at you in the mirror. As women it is easy to look in the mirror and see ourselves through critical eyes. We compare ourselves to the images of perfection that we see in the media. We look at airbrushed and photo shopped pics on instagram or Facebook and judge ourselves because we don’t look the way that some of the women on there do, when the truth is neither do they. Almost all of the pictures you see in the media have been doctored so how is that perfection? Women look at each other and the first thing we do is immediately sum each other up. Unconsciously we are competing against each other but why?
- You are amazing just the way you are. So what if you have stretch marks. They mean either on or two things. Either you had a baby or you lost weight. Both things to be proud of. Wear those stripes with pride.
- Beauty comes in different sizes. Just because Angelina Jolie is 95lbs or Nicki Minaj has a butt the size of the titanic doesn’t mean you are any less sexy. Stop worrying about what YOU think men feel is sexy and worry about what YOU Feel is Sexy or Beautiful for YOU!
Be comfortable with YOU. Looking at the woman in the mirror with pride is a three fold process.
- First look at yourself… really look at YOU. Not just your reflection but the real you. There in the comfort of your own home look at yourself completely without any pretenses. There is no need to pretend with you. No need to suck it in or put on a false smile. Just look at yourself. Hold that for a few moments until its starts to get uncomfortable and foolish and then close your eyes and wish everything about you would change…. Hold for a moment. Now open your eyes again and see you. No matter how much you want to change the reflection you can’t. Even after you closed your eyes the real you is still there in the mirror. That is fine. Accept that. You are still breathing even though Beyonce’ isn’t staring back at you in the glass. That unchanged you is beautiful because she is UNIQUELY you.
- You are Unique! Accept that each of your imperfections make up the person you are. Embrace them but don’t wear them like a badge of honor. Physically you have the power to change what you see. It may take a lot of work but you can change it if you want it. Don’t confuse accepting yourself with everyone accepting you. One of the biggest problems women face is the saying that “People should accept me for who I am.” No people do not have to accept you for who you are. You have to accept yourself with the understanding that YOU are not going to be everyone’s preference.
- Be a reflection of what you want people to be to you. If you want love give love to others. Not hate. If you want respect show others respect and earn it by your actions. If you want honesty.. be honest with others and not deceitful. We really do get in return whatever we dish out so be sure that what you put out to others is what you want in return.